Dasatinib inhibits the activity of the BCR-ABL kinase and SRC family kinases along with a number of other selected oncogenic kinases.
|Description||Dasatinib inhibits the activity of the BCR-ABL kinase and SRC family kinases along with a number of other selected oncogenic kinases including c-KIT, ephrin (EPH) receptor kinases, and PDGFβ receptor. Dasatinib is a potent, subnanomolar inhibitor of the BCR-ABL kinase with potency at concentration of 0.6-0.8 nM. It binds to both the inactive and active conformations of the BCR-ABL enzyme.|
|Active Ingredient||Dasatinib monohydrate|
|Indication||Dasatinib is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with:
▪ newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) chronic myelogenous leukaemia (CML) in the chronic phase.
▪ chronic, accelerated or blast phase CML with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy including imatinib.
▪ Ph+ acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) and lymphoid blast CML with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy.
▪ newly diagnosed Ph+ CML in chronic phase (Ph+ CML-CP) or Ph+ CML-CP resistant or intolerant to prior therapy including imatinib.
▪ newly diagnosed Ph+ ALL in combination with chemotherapy.